On 15 June 2017 we launched the Call for Startups, the tool we use to feel the pulse of digital innovation and be receptive to the latest innovations relevant to the business strategy of TIM.
The Call welcomed applications from all startups, including early stage startups, with an innovative digital project in the Consumer, Business and Advanced Entertainment fields.
After the Call ended on 17 July, we began the selection process, which ended with the publication of the results on 9 October. Below we introduce the successful startups!
OUR SECTORS OF INTEREST
In line with the goals of the Call, we scouted projects in a wide range of fields:
· Consumer: Smart Home, Smart Tracking, Payment & Digital Identity, Paid Assistance, Connected Car, e-Health & Wellness, Insurance Services.
· Business: Security, Cloud Services, Smart Retail, Smart Metering, Industry 4.0.
· Advanced Entertainment: Cloud Gaming, Gambling & Betting, Digital Radio, Ticketing, Content Production & Distribution.
Successful teams gained access to our Acceleration Program.
The program helps startups in their entrepreneurial growth and takes places in the TIM #Wcap Accelerators in Milan, Rome and Catania. It consists of two phases:
- Phase 1: from 9 October, for ten weeks, startups guided by qualified tutors and mentors analyse their project, both from a technical and from a business point of view, with the aim of strengthening it and, if necessary, modifying it. This phase includes classroom time with lectures focusing on business-related topics and opportunities for exchange and discussion.
- Phase 2: from 5 February 2018 onwards, for six months, startups perfect their project and explore possible integrations with the offer and technology of TIM. In this phase, startups meet with the TIM business units and receive individual mentorship. Only a part of the startups are selected to access this second phase, based on the level of interest expressed by the TIM business units.
WHAT IS MORE...
Albo Veloce. Successful startups are immediately accredited as TIM suppliers thanks to the TIM #Wcap-dedicated fast track.
TIM Business Units. During the acceleration program, startups receive feedback from the Business Units potentially interested in their solutions.
TIM Ventures. Startups have privileged visibility vis-à-vis TIM Ventures, the TIM corporate venture capital, which invests in the most interesting projects for the corporate business strategy.
TIM Open. Startups with developed apps for businesses and professionals establish relationships with TIM Open to sell their apps on the TIM Digital Store.
Are you interested in the Call for Startups? To find out more, search the website for blogposts with the tag “call for startups”!